Our customer is a premier national provider of population healthcare management programs. For more than 40 years, they have offered value-added programs to plan sponsors that improve the overall health of engaged participants, including Integrated Clinical Solutions, Chronic Care Management, Behavioral Health Solutions, Wellness/Lifestyle Coaching, and Care Coordination.
Our customer was experiencing cost inefficiencies with their current server which caused them to have less flexibility and control over their solution.
GuideIT recommended moving the customer from their current server, Armor, and moving it into AWS EC2 and AWS SE. Through this solution, the customer will realize a reduction in cost, and greater durability and recoverability.
- Managed Microsoft Sequel Server (RDS)
- AWS EC2 with Microsoft Server
- AWS S3
Metrics for Success
- Introduce cost savings with new AWS server
- Increase data durability and recoverability
- Reduce administration needs
- Achieved greater than 30% reduction in cost through new solution
- Successfully migrated server from Armor into a Managed Microsoft SQL Server
- Eliminated the costly necessity of administrators manually pulling reports from the old system
- Increased durability and recoverability through daily snapshots of AWS EC2 and AWS RDS
The Integration Architecture
- TIBCO BusinessWorks installed on the EC2 instance retrieves Medical files from HMC clients, pushes a copy to AWS S3, processes files and pushes converted X12 data to HMC Healthworks
- The file processes match customer data and create unique ids using Amazon RDS “Microsoft SQL Server”
- Snapshots of AWS EC2 and AWS RDS are created daily to AWS S3
- Recovery involves restoring snapshots and rerunning files for day